Before my eyes:
       "Machinal" by Sophie Treadwell
       "Tales of the City" by Armistead Maupin


       In my ears:
       "Million Miles from Home" - Keziah Jones
       "Eye to the Telescope" - KT Tunstall

Monday, May 30, 2005

Strange things you remember when you're drunk...

Moments are lost, forever. Opportunities spark into being, flicker for all of the time it takes to lose your nerve, implode into a smokey trail... and then emptiness.

Friday night, I drank a couple of litres of a belgian beer that found its way to the back of my skull and began hammering at the walls of my mind. I was wasted within two hours of sitting down on the cafe bench and it was only 8.30pm when I rose uncertainly to march back to Waterloo and take the train back to SW15. Throbbing, rolling about on a train seat, I fought the impulse of collapse...

In my stupor, I tried to think of interesting things, perhaps to stimulate a revival of my brain. My mind appealed to memory to save it from pulverisation...

1989, 1990, 1991...

My favourite tv programme was Northern Exposure
My favourite song was "There She Goes" by The La's
My best friend was a guy called Tim (with whom I have now lost contact)
I'm mad about a girl called Jo (she likes a guy called Leon, who I dislike)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am more worried about the things I can't remember from when I am drunk...

11:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google