Before my eyes:
       "Machinal" by Sophie Treadwell
       "Tales of the City" by Armistead Maupin


       In my ears:
       "Million Miles from Home" - Keziah Jones
       "Eye to the Telescope" - KT Tunstall

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Loopers

"Threw my bad fortune off the top of a tall building, I wish I'd done it with you..."


I recently read an evanescent blog entry about songs that stay in the head... and I've been thinking about those that stick and turn in me like rotors. As someone who generally values discretion and tact, my issue is that when I get swept away by a song I end up singing it out loud, and I mean EVERYWHERE. In the house, in the car, in the elevator, on the shitter, in the shower, descending stairs, on the railway platform...). There have been many, but my top three loopers came out as follows: The Detroit Cobras - Putty; P J Harvey - Good Fortune; Robert Johnson - They're Red Hot.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

chuck pallaniuk (who sucks, in my unsolicited editorial opinion) refers to people who have their music on all the time (and i'm guessing that that includes having music on in one's head) as "noise addicts." i can control my impulses to sing along (because i'm kind of secretive about my singing, because it's pretty bad), but...

i have a problem with whistling. i whistle along with my ipod. i whistle along with other people's cell phone rings. i whistle whatever's in my head. i whistle jazz improv techniques. i whistle while i buy wine. i whistle in the library (which has gotten me into trouble).

i used to think it was really hard to whistle along with rap music, but now i can even do that.

and if you've seen KILL BILL, and think that Daryl Hannah made a pretty creepy whistler, you'll see why i say my whistling is turning into something of a problem.

2:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google