Before my eyes:
       "Machinal" by Sophie Treadwell
       "Tales of the City" by Armistead Maupin


       In my ears:
       "Million Miles from Home" - Keziah Jones
       "Eye to the Telescope" - KT Tunstall

Friday, November 18, 2005

Enjoy the silence

Well, did you enjoy the silence??! Yes, it has been a few weeks, but I was running out of interesting things to say, and the art of word had bolted.

So, what's been shaking up and down the nickwong-o-cephalus?

Well, my continuing professional escape drama rolls on and on. I'm through to a third interview for a job I desperately want, and man have they put me through the mill to get this far!! First round was a pair of 45-minute one-on-one interviews. Second round was a 2-hour presentation (which I had to construct in powerpoint) and four 45-minute one-one-one's. I think this is the final round, and I'm praying it proves less exhausting than the last one. I also received feedback - they thought I came across as "too aggressive".

Too aggressive... hmmm. Too aggressive. Too aggressive? Too agressive?!!! This whole anger thing, i have just got to learn to control. I was on my best behaviour and they still thought I was aggressive, which frightens me a little...

I've been spending a bit more time with my nephew as well. Who is now also my godson, although I'm a catholic and he's a presbyterian (like his dad). I'm loving being an uncle and a godfather. At the baptism, I got a little card with my duties as a godparent, and the one that stood out was the one where I committed to teaching him "to protect the weak and to fight evil". Now that I can totally do, and I picked up the little tyke and whispered: "together, my nephew, we will fight evil and protect the weak". I have posted a little photo of him now, because I remember posting his foetal scan photo months ago, so it kind of plots a story...

Oh, and there's a new chick I'm digging at the moment - she's pretty and skinny as hell. Is she nice? Or funny? or even interesting? Well, let's just say I haven't really thought about personality just yet. I'm just focused on her bewitching, twitching, swishing behind. Lovely...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google