Before my eyes:
       "Machinal" by Sophie Treadwell
       "Tales of the City" by Armistead Maupin


       In my ears:
       "Million Miles from Home" - Keziah Jones
       "Eye to the Telescope" - KT Tunstall

Monday, September 27, 2004

No consolation in birthdays

At 28, I'm nowhere near where I thought I'd be when I was 21. That said, I'm nowhere near where I thought I'd be a year ago.

Expectation - that's the curse of the annual commemoration of the day you are born. On your birthday, you ask yourself this - when you were born, what did your father think you'd be doing at 28, or 30, or 35? How far have you met those expectations?

A measurement of the vergence between expectation and reality - this is the reminder of one's mediocrity, and it never hits so hard as on a birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google