Before my eyes:
       "Machinal" by Sophie Treadwell
       "Tales of the City" by Armistead Maupin


       In my ears:
       "Million Miles from Home" - Keziah Jones
       "Eye to the Telescope" - KT Tunstall

Saturday, September 11, 2004

"Did you get my mail?"

Emails are going missing - inbound and outbound - and it is making me paranoid. I speak to a friend and they say "did you get my mail?" and I say "no". Then I think about all the mails I sent that morning, and begin to wonder whether things are getting through.

The rate of return on the tens of mails I have been sending out (some, worryingly, with CV attached), has been low - could it be down to my messages dissolving in mid-flight? And what if it's the reply that's not getting through? Shit! Maybe people are desperately trying to get back to me, and I'm missing things. I have already two cases of mails that I know didn't reach me...

My mind turns to the applications that I have sent electronically, and how I now have to think about ruses I must concoct to ensure the selectors are aware...

Damn you, Microsoft - you stain me with your incompetence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google