Before my eyes:
       "Machinal" by Sophie Treadwell
       "Tales of the City" by Armistead Maupin


       In my ears:
       "Million Miles from Home" - Keziah Jones
       "Eye to the Telescope" - KT Tunstall

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Lost weekend...

I wrote this on Sunday but failed to post it:

Another lost weekend. It's incredible how you can build up for the two days of escape and then blow it all on a memory-loss.

The one memorable event of this weekend: Saturday evening - dinner at my gay uncle's place. A restauranteur and aesthete with superb skills in cooking and flower arranging (I kid you not - this guy is good!), he put on a spread of astonishing culinary treats: prawns and mussels in a spicy pineapple and mango salad; fillet steak in madeira with dauphinoise potatoes; tiramisu. Mmmm... it was good. All enjoyed in convivial atmosphere with Uncle Phillipe, his sister and mother, his partner Brian, my folks and my brother. What made it even more of an evening - the luxury surroundings of his parliament view apartment (panoramic windows onto the thames).

I'm at a lyrical lowpoint - I think it is perhaps the anticipation of my trip to the warmer climes. I will try to muster some better words before the week elapses...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google