Before my eyes:
       "Machinal" by Sophie Treadwell
       "Tales of the City" by Armistead Maupin


       In my ears:
       "Million Miles from Home" - Keziah Jones
       "Eye to the Telescope" - KT Tunstall

Friday, January 07, 2005

Internet dating - update

OK, a brief update on the internet dating project. The news is that there is no real news at the moment - this is not the case because I am failing to attract reciprocal interest, but for technical reasons. I have been tinkering with the short textual description that needs to be added to your profile when setting up. Having pared away at the cheesier bits, I finally reached a balance of sanity and humour that I was comfortable with. I didn't realise, however, that all changes are subject to a process of approval which is performed manually by an administrator. Given that the average turnaround time for approval is 48hrs, and taking into account the fact that my last stint of wordsmithing missed operating office hours on Thursday, I estimate returns on my by Tuesday of next week - did I mention that I was a project manager by trade!? (hahaha...)

I had second thoughts about the hot belly dancer. I woke up this morning, and realised that my interest was an expression of lust, prompted by the deliberate exposure of vast chest cleavage that dominated the photo on her profile. Then it hit me - I was being honey-trapped. Her exposure was clearly a message, bright petals to tempt the bumbling bee (me). "Aha!" I thought, "I am not so shallow as to be caught by that!". Yummy Mummy is still on the cards, however. She has a total of SIX different photos posted on her profile, and as these offer varied aspects of her face (some good angles, some not so flattering), it suggests honesty about her appearance. Not that I'm hung up on appearances or anything (I'm seasoned enough to admit I'm far from being an oil painting myself), but I respect the honesty. It means that after swift evaluation, I can still describe her as "yummy".

Oh my god. I'm beginning to sound like a total freak...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google