Before my eyes:
       "Machinal" by Sophie Treadwell
       "Tales of the City" by Armistead Maupin


       In my ears:
       "Million Miles from Home" - Keziah Jones
       "Eye to the Telescope" - KT Tunstall

Friday, October 15, 2004

Waiting Technique #1

Well, I continue to wait for the responses to all my applications - as my last post reflects, I am having to develop ways of waiting. I'm developing techniques now. Ideas have tucked themselves up inside, set themselves into siege, and I am seeing how well they hold out to my pressing. Here is technique #1 - the drain seat.

Stillness and waiting - elegant bedmates, would you not say? The waiting posture can be undertaken on a chair with a high back, as I learned.

When I leaned back in my chair, the hours ran countertime, and it seemed that the longer I stayed with my spine against the rest, the less time I was actually wasting. Unmetered, the globs of things "yet-to-happen" collapsed down my vertebrae, like sewage through a drain.

For weeks, I could not leave my seat. I was compelled to sit; Friday came and I breathed out slowly, barely sighing. Sunday evening came and I would inhale, swelling my chest with a reserve, like bellows, to stave the whine of the week.

As you must know, this is an illusion, hence there is a condition - do not look at the clocks. The dial will bore out your sanity, leave it hollow with a threaded wall.

Technique #2 to follow...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google