Before my eyes:
       "Machinal" by Sophie Treadwell
       "Tales of the City" by Armistead Maupin


       In my ears:
       "Million Miles from Home" - Keziah Jones
       "Eye to the Telescope" - KT Tunstall

Friday, December 03, 2004

Comparatively...

A good night - drinks at the Langley for my friend Christian who's leaving the firm and moving on to new things. Apparently, my legend still lives on amongst the team I left behind - good gossip and good humour was exchanged. Music loud, inciting dance. A succession of drinks: 4 coronas, 2 slippery nipples, 1 caiparinha, 3 glasses of cheap champagne.

It took an hour to get a cab. Walking down to Trafalgar Square, to the Strand, to Charing Cross, all I could see were tuxedo'd bankers coming out from their early Christmas parties, stealing black cabs and stumbling across pavement.

When I got home, I had a bad case of the munchies - instant noodles did just the trick. All in all, a good night's drinking, capped off with simple cardboard food, and surely this obliteration of reality is what makes it all worthwhile? So it seems when pleasantly drunk at 3am.

Then, I stumble into work at 12.30, check my mail and pick up this email from my sister:


 Posted by Hello

That's my future nephew/niece, all of 5cm long and 12 weeks. As a cure for a hangover, it beats isotonic sports drinks with a stick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google